Sunday, June 10, 2007

ViralTags Blog Rank Boosting Experiment


I'm In - What About YOU??

First, thanks to Jimmy Huen, over at Founders Cafe, from whom most of this is copied. This is Jimmy's Improvement on the ViraLinks experiment begun by Andy Coates. I'm joining in on this experiment to see how it affects my rankings on things like Google Page Rank and Technorati.

Apologies to non-blogging readers who are not interested in this stuff. We bloggers sometimes obsess about our rankings and ratings. But, for me, the MOST important thing is YOU, my readers! The more the better. If you are a blogger, I hope you'll join in on this experiment, by following the instructions below. If this stuff has no interest for you, just ignore it, because I'll be posting another new post later today that should interest you more!

========= Copy and Paste below this line ==========

Instructions:

Important Update - Please read here!

1.) Copy and paste the matrix of “ViralTags” below courtesy of Founders Cafe .

2.) Substitute the Host Tag and one of the “Viral Tags” in the matrix with your anchor text of choice with your blog’s URL. Please keep anchor text to a max of 3 words (or 4 short words) to keep the matrix size manageable.

3.) When you get a ping back from someone that has your link in one of their “Viral Tags”, practice good karma by copying his/her Host Tag’s anchor text (automatically the associated link will also be copied) and paste it over one of your “Viral Tags” below.

4.) Encourage and invite your readers to do the same and soon this can grow virally.

Host Tag: Cat On My Head

Cat On My Head / esofthub's web finds / Political Social Media / Blog Plus Ultra / Miraz turorials.com / Investing Women Online / Diwatangbyaning / Father of One / Mariuca's Perfume Gallery / Running Fitness Marathons / Islam4me / Web Design California / laketrees / Derrich.com / Sexy Celebrity / revellian / 2 Write Hands / Justice Investments / Make Money Online / Business Chats / International City Travel / Asian Celebrity News / One Million Shirts / Tech at Hand / Rich Minx / Internet Marketing Austria / Ageless Beauty / Web 2.0 Tutorials / Technology Music Life / infokarir jobs / Manila Mom / Link Love / Blogging Money Secret / Internet Startup Blog / Web Design Blog / Daily Life Technology / Make Money Blogging / Steve’s Tech Blog / Agloco Internet Marketing / Daily Bulls Investing / Tech Gadgets Stocks / Affiliate Program / Computer Seventy-Five / Learn about e-Learning / Tech Hack Ramblings / Jack Book / Screen Writer Guy / Overseas Filipino Worker / Filipino Programmer / Startup Entrepreneur Money / 7Confessions / Meandering / Earn Money Online / Really Smart Guy / Earn Income Online / Day Mind Xpression / Entrepreneurship Internet Web / Make Money Blogging / Create a Blog / Pie Hole / start a blog / Make Money Blogging / Marketing Made Simple / Tech Startups Web2.0 / Diary of Bad Girls / Build Rankings Fast / Mrs Sparrow / Hot Buzz / Weight Loss / Really Funny Jokes / Best of Blogs / The Junkie’s Wife / Internet Marketing German / German - USA / Domain Development Blogs / Sundhed og Helbred / Giving Link Love / Business Blog Web / Photoshop Tutorials / Anitokid Chronikos / Klapkids Chronikos / esofthub’s web finds / Everything iPod / Jason’s Random Thoughts / Fun Web Development / Monetize Your Blog / Yung Silent Whisper / Greg Stratz My Journey / Music Videos / Social Media / Colors of the Internet / Wealth Blog Ibujempol BundaWAH / Gadgets & Technology / Make Money Home / MAXFORAS / The Broken Bow / Paid to Blog / Fanatic Space / Cheezmizan with Chuva / Adsense / my silent cuffs / ViralTags / Ngadutrafik 2007 / ViralTags / ViralTags / Russian Jokes & Humor / Make Money Blog / ViralTags / ViralTags / Malaysian Stocks INC / My Traders Journal / ViralTags / ViralTags / ViralTags / Huma B~ Post / ViralTags / ViralTags / ViralTags / Anything n Everything / Humor Pictures / ViralTags / ViralTags / ViralTags / ViralTags / ViralTags / ViralTags / ViralTags / ViralTags / ViralTags / ViralTags /

Important: Once I get a ping back from you (I promise to do the best I can), I will add your anchor text and the associated link you designate as “Host Tag” here, replacing one of the “ViralTags” from the matrix above. As more and more bloggers copy and paste this matrix, the more backlinks you will have with your anchor text. If everybody who copies & pastes from your blog does the same, this will spread and soon go viral. So, the sooner you participate, the more links with anchor text you will receive.

****** Important Update (06/10/2007): Hello all, during the past 3 days I have been noticing that some bloggers did not update the “Host Tag” after they copy and paste the Viraltags matrix. If you are one of them, please update the “Host Tag” with the anchor text you want for your blog and its URL.

The main idea of this tagging program is to allow others that got pinged by you to easily go to your site, and copy your updated “Host Tag” anchor text and URL and paste them into their ViralTags matrix. Not everyone will bother to try to let you know to change your Host Tag like I do. I’ve spent some time to notify those that didn’t update, but it can be a hassle. If you follow the instructions listed below exactly, it’ll make everything easier and clearer for everyone. Thanks for your participation! *********

======== Copy and Paste from Above this line ========

So that's it. Let's hope this improves ranks for all who use it- blessings be upon us from the Cyber Gods! Please leave comments here if you have copied from this matrix so that I can add you just in case your ping back didn’t reach me.

Just so we can see how well this experiment works for ME, here are my rather sad rankings as of right now, and I'll update them later to show if the hoped for improvements occur. As I'm posting this, on June 10th, my Google ranking is a whopping 0, and my Technorati ranking is 592,405 with an authority of 9. (For those not familiar with Technorati, you want a lower rank number, and a higher authority. I was at a rank of almost one million and an authority of 6 when I first started paying attention to it a little over a week ago.)

UPDATES:

Aha! Less than 3 hours after I posted this, my Technorati authority has gone up 4 points to 13, and my rank has (FINALLY) gone down under the half million mark, to 419,196.

Hmmmm... a half hour later, my Technorati authority has gone up another point, to 13, but my rank (arggghhh!) has gone in the WRONG direction, worse than when I began this, up to 593,039. Does Technorati disapprove of my using ViralTags to improve rank? Am I being too neurotic about all these numbers?? (That's a hypothetical question, folks, no need for you to answer it!)

And here is how the numbers continued to change over time (remember
you want to see your 'authority' go UP, and your 'rank' go DOWN:

1 day after posting: Technorati authority 31
, and Technorati rank 170,318.
2 days after posting: Technorati authority 52, and Technorati rank 137,795.
3 days after posting: Technorati authority 69, and Technorati rank 74,069.
4 days after posting: Technorati authority 82, and Technorati rank 60,055.
6 days after posting: Technorati authority 131, and Technorati rank 42,195.
9 days after posting: Technorati authority 175 , and Technorati rank 26,735.
2 weeks after posting: Technorati authority 206 , and Technorati rank 21,182.
On July 13, 2007: Technorati authority 302 , and Technorati rank 13,633.




40 comments:

Zen said...

Hi.

Yups the viralink already works up, in 2 days I post the viral link my technocrati authority goes up from 2 to 37.

Good luck to you.

Jaya said...

That's great to hear, Whoops! Thanks for stopping by, and good luck to you too.

Bobby Revell said...

We are now interconnected

Jaya said...

Cool, Bobby - I've added you into my matrix. :-)

Aldon Hynes said...

I've added a link as well.

Political Social Media.

(Also read my thoughts on the pros and cons of this.)

Jaya said...

Hi there, Aldon! Nice to hear from you again. I was happy to add you into my ViralTag matrix. And I popped over to your blog and read your comments about all this with interest.

And now I need to go over to Technorati and find others who have me in their matrix, and make sure they are also here in mine... a bit of work, but I think it is worth it.

Novice Blogger said...

Hi! Thanks for the add! Added you to my matrix already.

Is there any chance that you've written something about catwoman? Hehe. :)

dzul89 said...

hi there, i added you to one of my tags!! hope a return with an anchor "Business Chats"

check it on
http://businesschats.blogspot.com/search/label/Viratags

Jaya said...

Hi Novice... thanks for adding me to your matrix. No, I haven't written anything about Catwoman, but I do have a Catwoman magnet on my refrigerator if that counts!

dzul89 - I 've got you in my matrix now.

Anonymous said...

I just added this to my site! If you wouldn't mind adding me it would be great! Thanks.

Goldy

Anonymous said...

I've added you to mine; please reciprocate.
More success to you
Ibujempol BundaWAH

lisa q. said...

thanks so much for adding me to your matrix jaya! i love that we can all help each other!!! :D

Jaya said...

@ goldy: I'll be happy to add you, but please give me your ViralTag info
(text and url).

@ Ibujempol BundaWAH: Yes, I've added you!

@ Lisa: You're most welcome. :-)

Gadis said...

I've added you to my viralink. You can find it at: http://ngadutrafik2007.tungmung.co.id/?p=45
Hope you add me site to your
Thanks

Jaya said...

You've been added, Gadis. Welcome to ViralTags!

Anonymous said...

I'm in and have added you to my link page - http://mytradersjournal.com/stock-options/links/

Jaya said...

OK, JW, you've been added into my ViralTags matrix.

NIHAL said...

Hi there.

I've just joined the Viral Tag Link and your site is listed on my page. Hope you would reciprocate this back.

Thanks in advance.

Jaya said...

You've been added, Nihal. Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Please add my link http://humab.blogspot.com! I added yours to mine and also voted for you on the blog for a year button! Thanks in advance for adding me!

Jaya said...

Thanks for the vote, and I have added you into my ViralTag matrix. :-)

Mariuca said...

Hi Jaya, I've added you to mine as well, pls link me up! Thanks and have a great day! :) MEOW

http://www.mariucasperfume.blogspot.com/

Jaya said...

OK, Mariuca, you're in. Thanks for adding me into your matrix. Kisses to little Phoebe!

Kim said...

hi Jaya
you are in my viral tags


can you put me in yours please..pretty please ????
thanks have a lovely day ....

Jaya said...

Hi Kim- This is funny. I'd just noticed, though your comment on another blog, that you'd joined this, and I added you into my matrix, and then left a comment on your blog to tell you. And THEN I go to moderate my comments and find this message from you. I say it is destiny... you were MEANT TO BE in my ViralTags matrix, LOL.

Jaya said...

Mike- your 'Colors of the Internet' has been added to the matrix.

Kassper said...

I have added you to my list on both of my sites, can you please add them to your list?

http://makemoneywithkassper.blogspot.com - Anchor: Make Money Online

http://bloggertrip.com - Anchor: Make Money Blog

Thank you very much.

Jaya said...

Okie Dokie, Kassper, you're in. Welcome.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jaya, I know that your viral tags post has been a big success, i wanted to let you in on the viral posties train early. i just posted it late last night and I am the third post down the matrix. It pays to get onto these things early. You may be beyond these tactics at this point, but if you were looking for another way to network, just thought I would pass it along! Take care.
B~

Emily Suess said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm giving it a shot.

Jaya said...

Barrett, thanks for letting me know. I think I'll pass, as one viral thing is enough for now, I but wish you success from the ViralPosties. I think I do prefer the way they look on the page.

Two Write Hands, I've added you in to my matrix here. Welcome to ViralTags!

Anonymous said...

Anytime! I know what you mean! It can be difficult keeping up with the viral stuff, and can take time away from the writing that I love! Hope the cats and the gaurd dog are all doing well! Take care!

Bobby Revell said...

I just moved to my new domain. Please change my url from
http://revellian.blogspot.com to
http://www.revellian.com
master engrafter is now revellian

Jaya said...

I've gotten you upgraded, Bobby!

Jaya said...

Hi there Silki-

You've been added. Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have added you to my list on my site, can you please add them to your list?

http://www.meanderingpassage.com - Anchor: Meandering Passage

Thank you very much and good luck.

Earl

Jaya said...

You've been added into the matrix, Earl.

Jaya said...

Yes, Maxamilian, you have been added to my ViralTags matrix. You've got great images on your site! I really enjoyed visiting.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jaya, how have you been? I have a new page. I have added the viral matrix to it. I was hoping you would take a few minutes and add my new information to your viral matrix. My new url-http://HumaBPost.com and my new tag is -Huma B~ Post Thanks so much and I really appreciate the add! I like the new look, I have been meaning to tell you! Take care and i hope this finds you well!

Jaya said...

Hi Barrett- Yes, I've updated your site's info in the ViralTags matrix. I hope the new page does well for you. Thanks for your comments on the new look here at Cat On My Head - glad to hear you like it!