Saturday, September 22, 2007

Photos Of Dad As A Young Man

My Aunt Jean's Daughter, Julie, was cleaning out her Mother's attic, and came across some old photos which she sent to me. Aunt Jean's was my father's sister, and included in the wonderful package of photos from Julie were two of my father as a young man. I'd never seen any images of Dad younger than his mid-twenties, so it was a real treat to get these! The first one, where he looks like a teenager, did not scan well, the background and hair being stained with glue or something, so I did some photo editing of it.



This second photo has also deteriorated over time. The hair is looking peculiar, but I decided not to mess with it. Dad's hair was black, though, not the lighter color it appears to be in this photo. This was taken when he was 21, and a student at Yale University. I think he looks a lot like his mother, Julia, in this photo.



And also, this seems like as good a place as any to include his obituary, taken from the New York Times, May 1967:


click on the image to view
it larger
for easier reading

1 comments:

myonlyphoto said...

Nice old photos, and you got some cool history in your family wow, Anna :)