Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Unexpected Visions of Beauty

OK... there is a long story behind this that I am not going to go into. Suffice it to say that for certain mysterious reasons I was required today to drive out into the mountains and take some photographs, including, oddly enough, pictures of a none too clean porta-potty! I did what I needed to do, and was surprised when looking at the photos later to find a certain beauty in one of the porta-potty photos. Above the stained porta-potty toilet, reflected in the shiny raised plastic seat top, is the reflection of a rather magnificent puffy cloud that must have been looming behind me. Here, see for yourself:


Kinda cool, huh? The message in this, for me anyway, is that you just never know where you will find visions of beauty. Sometimes they will be where you least expect them!

And just so you don't think I have some weird porta-potty fixation, I'll show you another place of beauty I photographed today, capturing a view of the last bit of snow on some New Mexican mountain peaks:

Click on the photo if you'd like to see it bigger...

7 comments:

Jaya said...

Hmmmm... just noticing that the
cloud image reflection on the
porta-potty lid sorta looks like
a pig that's about to dive right
into that toilet. Weird. See the
snout, the eyes, the ears? I sure
do. Of course it is around 5 in
the morning right now, and that
might be affecting my perception.

Anyone else see the pig??

The Clowns said...

That's the nicest picture of a porta-potty I have ever seen!

Jaya said...

Why, thank-you, Spooky!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean (never know what great image you'll find when you least expect it)! Tonight, at moonrise, took some lovely shots. It had been a mild lovely day and there was this big moon rising; saw it as I was driving down the road. Just had to stop and take a few pix, which are on my blog tonight -- go see and let me know what you think. :o]

PS: Yours are terrific pix too!

Jaya said...

Yes, Janina, I did go look at those photos you took and they are cool, with a painting like quality to them which I really liked.

Translator said...

Wow! Beautiful photos! Even the potty makes me want to breathe in the fresh air...well, perhaps not the air next to the potty. And thanks for the link love, baby!

Jaya said...

Thanks for visiting, Translator. The link love was my pleasure - I really enjoy your site!