Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Doped-Up Addicts

Here is another old drawing of mine, from 1981. I have no idea what I had in mind when I made it back then, but when I look at it now it has clear meaning, speaking about about the cycle of human reincarnation, and how souls can become addicted to the experience, rushing in without adequate preperation, and then having doubts at the last minute, when it's too late to stop the entrance into the flesh.

Click On Image To View Full Size

If you can't read the small text at the bottom, it says: 'Have someone or something nearby when you first stand or walk in case of dizziness. Rest at least 12 hours.'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I can totally relate here...but I'm not doped up.

Jaya said...

I think in this case, Shanti, the 'dope' is the human experience itself. That is what has us 'doped up'...

Anonymous said...

Yeah.

I would love to see an exhibit of your work, Jaya. Lots of it all at once and stumble drunkenly out of it searching for the nearest plate of grounding enchiladas....

myonlyphoto said...

This is too cool Jaya. You are so right, lol. Thanks for sharing, Anna :)