Sunday, November 11, 2007

Morning Crow Dog Mystery


Last night I worked the overnight shift at work. As the sun was rising, I went around turning off the outside lights. I looked out into the parking area in front of the building and saw something black on the ground, about the size of a very large shoe. I couldn't see it in focus, though. What the heck was it? I went and got my glasses, and then I could see it was a crow.

I went outside. Crow was dead, just lying on the ground, dead. No tree near enough for him to have fallen out of... what was he doing there? It felt like he just fell out of the sky to be waiting there for me.

I picked him up- such a big bird, and his feathers were so soft, especially on his chest. I moved him, so he wouldn't get driven over, lying there in the parking area. (And yes, for those of you who have 'Avian Flu, Avian Flu' flashing through your mind, I did wash my hands after handling him!)

Crow...
My morning mystery.


And can you see the dog's face, in profile, hidden in his feathers? I see it clearly as a dog, although some people say they see a human face there when they look at it. Below is a closer look:


And for those who still can't see it,
I present this:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so lovely and mysterious at a time when physical mystery seems to have vanished. I saw dog/eagle right off.

Crows are so fraught with esoteric meaning. What a gift! Unfolding...

myonlyphoto said...

Jaya, sad story. Yes I can see the dog face, but with your help. BTW make sure you wear gloves when you pick up dead animals, you know what I mean rabbies, West Nile Virus, etc. Don't want to scare you, but I like your blog. Anna :)