Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lucy's Leg

Below you see my elderly dog, Lucy, with her bandaged up leg.  She somehow cut her paw and was leaving puddles of blood all over.  After figuring out where the blood was coming from, I bandaged up her paw, to give the cut a chance to heal.  Then I decided to treat another issue she has going on with her elbow, a 'hygroma', on the same leg.  It needs cushioning to heal.  It has several layers of soft sock around it now, in addition to the bandage.   Her paw has healed up just fine since I took this photo last week, and that bandage has been removed.  The upper arm cushioning will stay on for longer...  Lucy has been very tolerant of all this, she's a good dog.  We've been together for 11 or 12 years now.

10 comments:

Marg said...

Lucy you look like such a nice dog. What a good girl to leave that bandage on your leg. We would have had that thing off in a skinny minute. Hope your elbow gets better too.

Christopher M said...

That face is so precious!!!!

What a sweetie!

-- Christopher

www.cmarlow.net

myonlyphoto said...

Jaya this is such a nice dog, such innocent face. Hope all is well, its been a while. Anna :)

Wendy said...

My heart just melted looking at her sad and trusting eyes. This is why I love animals more than most people I meet. They're pure of heart and only demand the basics from us, whatever form that tags..Well, cats demand and I think Lucy would just love anything you gave her. Sending blessings of healing to Lucy

Alice Audrey said...

Aw, she looks so put upon.

I was "Adgitizing" and thought I'd say "Hi."

Margot (PinayMom.ORG) said...

poor Lucy..but I know she has the heart and strength to overcome her burden.

Cat Things said...

It is good to know that Lucy is on the mend. What a sweet expression she has.

Noypi said...

Get well soon, Lucy!

- Noypi here

Sharkbytes said...

She is being very good! Maggie won't leave bandages alone.

Karen and Gerard said...

Very nice bandageing! Glad to hear her paw is healing.