Thursday, January 21, 2010

A New Cat In The Neighborhood

A couple of days ago I spotted a strange cat out in my yard.  My cats had also spotted him, surrounded him, actually.
                                                  

He did not seem all that concerned, though he kept down low in the the weeds and slowly backed away from  my Tobias and Henry who were growling at him.  He even took time to stick out his tongue at them!



Then he just kept moving further away from Tobias & Henry, towards my garage...  slowly, slowly, easy does it...


                                
 He paused for a while, perhaps thinking he was well camouflaged by the weeds, while peeking out at us from between them.



But then he decided he'd had enough, and tried to duck into my garage, not realizing that my Zebbie was already in there.  Zebbie was not at all amused by that move, and he expressed his displeasure at full volume!

So New Cat quickly trotted around the corner of the garage, and then with one last look over his shoulder he was gone.  I have not seen him since then.

5 comments:

Marg12 said...

He is a pretty cat. And doesn't look skinny so he must be eating some where. And he was smart enough to realize he wasn't welcome. He probably will be back.

WillOaks Studio said...

Great photos and such an interesting kitty--maybe he's a relative of my new kitten Purrmeister? They both have funny black and white faces--a long lost uncle perhaps??

Nyanko said...

He looks like handsome and strong!
I don't see cats who have colors like him, very interesting.

Maddy said...

You have a very good eye. Obviously I need to leave the photography to my daughter who has a lot more talent than me. I'm strictly a point and click.

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos!