Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kim & The Caballeros

I just came across this video of my good friend Kim, of Kim and the Caballeros, playing a song at the Sagebrush Inn in Taos, New Mexico. The fellow behind and to the right of Kim is her husband Chip. If you like their music, there are several CDs available, over at: www.kimandthecaballeros.com



Here is Kim's description of how she came to be a twangy country singer:

"My mom force fed old country (we’re talkin’ Loretta, Cash, Waylon, Willie and the boys) to me at an early age, and I rebelled, first playing bass in an 80s rock band, “The Bohiems”, later becoming a folkie, still leaning in the rock genre, but mostly writing tortured love songs and political/social stuff in the band “Burning Joan.” For giggles, in 2003 I recorded a bastardized version of “Blue Eyes Cryin’ in the Rain” for my mom’s birthday, and it all took off from there. I realized my roots had caught up to me and I liked it."


1 comments:

Your Daily Cute said...

Hi! Nice to see your Entrecard on Your Daily Cute! :)