Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yellow Bee In The Beet Greens

A couple of weeks ago, as I was about to cook up some beets that had already had their tops cut off, I noticed that they had begun growing new leaves. I enjoy eating beet greens very much, they taste like a mix of beets, spinach, and swiss chard. I ate some yesterday with brown rice, chicken, and chives, in a peanut sauce. Yummy!

Anyway, back to those beets that were growing new tops... I decided to cut the tops off and put them in water, to see if they would keep growing. Well they have, and a few days ago I spotted a bright yellow bee wandering around on them, and I got these photos:



3 comments:

BK said...

The bee looks scary. I hope this is not a hornet or wasp (don't know how the two look too).

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I'm allergic to those critters...that said those photos are great!

Whiney Momma said...

WOW! Great shots!