Monday, September 22, 2008

Lovely Llamas!



While driving around near Pagosa Springs, Colorado, I passed a field of llamas and stopped to say hello to them. The one above, who was very friendly, was my favorite. Click on the photos to see the image full size- it makes me happy just looking into that face! Looking at this llama in person, I almost felt as if I'd been transported to some wonderful otherworldly place. I was utterly enchanted.

I believe this llama, and the others, are from Sharp Llamas. I was too entranced by the llamas to look for a name, but from searching after I got back home again, that seems correct.




I also spotted this sweet little horse in a field near the llamas.

8 comments:

Daisy said...

He is adorable!

Lux said...

Oh, what an adorable face! I *love that photo ... :)

Anonymous said...

It's my first time to see a llama that close and I am loving it.

thanks for sharing. How old do you think it is ...
have to read the article again.

- Gaga
Pet Talks

tahtimbo said...

The first thing that came into my mind when I saw that llama was the movie: The Emperor's New Groove. Great picture:)

Anonymous said...

Llamas always seem to remind me of the movie "The Emperor's New Groove" with David Spade in it. Great picture!!

sammawow said...

What wonderful faces they have!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful animals. In Western MA people raise some, but I haven't seen any here on the NH seacoast. I keep looking.

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

We saw those llamas this summer. We were up at Williams Creek in late July-Early August. Nice area up there. Cute llamas!

I saw in your profile on Entrecard that you're in NM! Our family is all from there, we grew up there, and spent all our summer there this year. I love connecting with other people from NM - you know you're from NM when you think there might be a connection to someone you know 'cuz there really aren't that many people in the state!