Saturday, March 27, 2010

I Drove Through Beauty

Last week I went out for a drive, heading south and east, up into the mountains.  It was very beautiful... I wish I lived up there.  Actually, there is a house for sale that I would like to own, but it costs about $50,000 more than I can afford.  If you happen to have $50,000 you would like to donate towards making me happy, please do let me know!   

Meanwhile, below are a few photos I stopped to take along the way.   Once I got up into the mountains, where the altitude was over 8,000 feet, there was still a lot of snow on the ground.  This first photo gives you a good idea of just how much snow there was, as you can just barely see the very tips of fence posts that are probably 4 or 5 feet tall.


These next ones are of a stream that was still partly frozen.  I was taken with this beautiful weathered tangle of roots from a fallen tree which was resting in the stream.  In the first photo I really like the green reflection of the wood in the still water.  And in the last photo you can almost make out the figures in the roots; they look as if they are hugging each other, or perhaps dancing together!






Another site that caught my attention was 'El  Lodge', with it's funky old sign directing you to a driveway filled with several feet of snow...




And these last photos are my favorite, of the clouds that so clearly look like smoke signals coming off of the hilltop.


4 comments:

Marg said...

Wow, those are fantastic pictures. Really pretty scenes. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

ian said...

that is such a treat, to be surrounded by beauty at every turn on the road =] i can almost feel the crisp mountain air flow through your photos...

Campbell Jane said...

Beauty absolutely!

Anonymous said...

You are so smart to go out and enjoy the nature you have, I so often don't do enough of that. I just love the Lodge sign...check me in!