Saturday, January 16, 2010

With Dad, In The Past...

My oldest brother, Bev, was the family photographer for many years.  He has just begun going through hundreds of old negatives of family photos, scanning them in to digitalize the images. (Hooray for Bev!)

One of the first images he did, which he sent to me last night, was the one below, which shows me with my father.  I look to be around six years old, which means the photo would have been taken in 1961 or 1962.

Dad and I both have odd expressions on our faces, which makes me wonder just what was going on in that moment almost 50 years ago.






And here is a second photo, taken just before or after the one above. In this one both of us are looking down at the little pad of paper, or book, which my father is holding. Had I  drawn a picture for him? I don't actually remember being artistic as a child, but I like the idea.


8 comments:

Marg said...

That sure is an interesting photo. I need to scan some photos of all my old animals that are gone. Would be kind of fun.

Your Daily Cute said...

What cool pictures to have. I have to say this is one of the reasons why digital cameras aren't so great... I doubt many people actually print all the photos they take -- so they'll never be able to be passed on and rediscovered.

Sly the Cat Care Guru said...

Gots to luvs technologies!

booahboo said...

That's a very nice pic. Love the lighting. Seems like you were flapping your arms.. there's motion blurr there :)

Jen said...

I've been scanning for months. Too bad I don't know who or when the pictures were taken.

I love your outfit!

Martin in Bulgaria said...

I must say the pictures are classics, even more so as they are a historical artifact in your family now.

Sharkbytes said...

Huh! I thought I left a comment yesterday. These are really cool pix, and I think we had the same jeans! See http://myqualityday.blogspot.com/2009/01/game-of-tag.html

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

It's so much fun to look at the old photos, isn't it. I'm scanning my dad's old slides in a few at a time since I just got my slide scanner for Christmas. Fortunately, my dad was very detailed and wrote dates, places, names and even what was going on in the picture!

Here's a link to a post I just did with a couple slides: http://karenzemek.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-earliest-memory-mouse-in-house.html