Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gamma Crosses Over



My beloved Gamma, the oldest of my cats, has crossed over to the other side of the veil.  She had been sick for quite some time, but still seemed to be enjoying life, until just a few days ago.  I took her to the vet on Friday and she was given that final shot, given release.  Gams and I had been together for around 16 years, and she was a grand old kitty.  The name I originally gave her, all those years ago, when she first found me, was Blessing.  And she certainly was a blessing in my life.  I love you, Gams.




After Gamma left, the veterinary clinic I take all my pets to, Salazar Road Veterinary Clinic, in Taos, NM, sent me a condolence card, which you can see below.  Everyone who works there signed it.  How thoughtful, even though it did make me get all weepy in the post office.  If you are in the Taos area and need a vet, I can recommend the group over on Salazar Road.






15 comments:

Daisy said...

I'm so sorry it was Gamma's time to go to the Bridge. Soft purrs to you.

Chris said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You can find comfort that you gave Gamma a wonderful life and you had 16 long years together, although it's never long enough is it. I lost my Jackie a little over a year ago, at age 19 - I adopted her at around age 10 so 9 years together just wasn't long enough. Gamma and Jackie are now romping and playing together I'm sure. Rest in peace sweet Gamma.

Rich Sands said...

Nothing to say but I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh my - my sincere condolences. They leave such a big hole in your heart when they have to leave.

Glynis Peters said...

It is sad when we lose a pet. Sorry for your loss.

Laane said...

I'm so sorry. But I'm glad that you both had such a wonderful time together. I hope you're able to cherish all those memories.

WillOaks Studio said...

I'm sorry for your loss...our furry friends are truly family and when they depart, a hole is left in our lives. Sounds like she had a good long life with you, though which, yes, is a blessing!

Marg said...

Oh gosh, we are so sorry to hear that news. But she will be happy as can be up there in kitty heaven. Maybe she will meet Squeaky who went over the bridge Dec. 23rd and they can become great friends. It is so hard to lose an animal.

booahboo said...

My condolences to you on your recent loss. 16 yrs is a long time and i am sure both of you have many wonderful memories. Gamma must be a great blessing in your life.

Take care!

Marilynne said...

You have some lovely pictures to remember her by.

VetTech said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad the other cats are there to help you at this sad time.

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

I am deeply sorry for your loss. It is never easy when they go.

DogsDeserveFreedom

Stacey Kimmel-Smith said...

Those green eyes, what a beautiful girl. My condolences.

Your Daily Cute said...

Aw, so sorry to hear this... It's always sad to let a pet go, but you are very strong and showed her an incredible amount of love by helping her to the Bridge.

Here's a video someone sent to me when my Gizmo passed. It tells the story of the Rainbow Bridge and is so beautiful.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Flamincatdesigns said...

so sorry to hear of your loss. We had one of our cats till he was 16 and the other till she was 17. I totally feel how close you were with your Gamma. We got a card from our vet and they had taken a pawprint of each cat when they passed. It was a shock, but now a treasure.