Friday, September 25, 2009

Shiny Bits In My Driveway

This morning I was standing at the end of my driveway, enjoying the sun and the crisp fall air. As I turned to go back towards my house, I noticed multi-colored shiny spots in the dirt and gravel in one area. Looking more closely, I saw it was many small bits of broken glass. I bent down and picked up a bunch of them, wondering how they had come to be there. I still have no idea where they came from, but I began to appreciate their beauty as I picked them up. They could have been diamonds, emeralds, and other gems. They made a pretty photo, too:






4 comments:

Nyanko said...

So beautiful!
I want them to put in my jewel box!

Your Daily Cute said...

Hmmm. I wonder what they are?

Mom said...

They appear to be beer bottles. If you live in a subdivision, I would guess that a group of teenagers were drinking and had the cleverness to shatter the bottles and "spread them around the neighborhood" to avoid being found out.

cheh said...

Love the idea of making lovely mosaic :)