Friday, September 18, 2009

"Picture" "Quiet" "Rolling!"

I haven't posted in a while. Why? Time seems to have sped up, and run away from me, that's why! Lame excuse, but that's all I've got...

I did something last week that was quite out of the ordinary for me- I went down to Albuquerque and was an 'extra' in a scene of a TV show! The show is
Crash, which is on Starz network and stars Dennis Hopper & Eric Roberts, among others. The second season of this show begins airing this week, and the scene that I am in will be part of episode 10. Crash takes place in Los Angeles, but they actually film it in Albuquerque, New Mexico, because that is less expensive.

I really enjoyed watching the whole process, even though my own involvement was mostly just waiting around. The actual time doing the scene, and filming 4 or 5 takes with slight variations, only took about 30-40 minutes, as far as I recall. The scene I was in was a crowd scene, with about 75 people staning around in a street. We were supposed to be there because we'd been inspired by an idea to help the homeless, and we were volunteering to help.

I was fascinated watching the scene get set up, with all the people and equipment involved. I think what I enjoyed most was that everyone seemed happy to be there, doing what they were doing. It was also just fun being part of a large group of people creating something together.

I'm going down again next week to be an extra in another scene, this time it will be outside a shopping mall, where they need a bunch of people to be pedestrians, and to be driving or parking their cars. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comments:

spicybugz said...

That is really neat!