Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Childhood Home

I finally was able to find my childhood home on Google Maps! Yay... It made me happy to see it again after 44 years. Earlier, when I couldn't find it, I thought the building must have been torn down. But it's still standing, looking much the way it did when I was a child there, even though now it's a Bank of America building. My older sister Paige, who still lives in the area, says it's her bank and since it used to be her home they've given her a free deposit box for life!

The image below is interactive, so you can move around in it, go further down the road, turn left and right, etc... The driveway across the street, a little before my house, was where my best childhood friend, Andy (Andrea) lived. The best tuna sandwiches I've ever eaten were made in that house. I spent a lot of time over there. In fact her mother taught me how to spell my name, by not letting me enter the house until I spelled it correctly for her. I learned it pretty quickly. I also remember us looking at scary photos in the medical books belonging to Andy's father, who was a doctor.


View Larger Map

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow gotta love that

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I tried going down the road but got lost! I couldn't figure how to work this interactive business.