Saturday, December 5, 2009

Abandon The Japanese Spam Comments!


  
I have comments on this blog moderated, so spam does not get posted.  In the past I haven't actually gotten many spammy comments, but enought to justify keeping the comment moderation in place.  In the last couple of weeks, however, I've gotten numerous comments left here, in Japanese (!) that are clearly spam.  It may even just be the same comment over and over again.  I don't know, because I do not speak Japanese.  I'm guessing that the vast majority of my readers also do not understand Japanese. 

I've translated the most recent spam, and given it below.  It sort of has that odd poorly translated tone that makes it sound like a spam fortune cookie...

"It is the guide of the sight where you can obtain secondary earnings with the association which one evening divides.Also you can challenge in part-time job feeling, because we adopt the free register system of relief, as for the one which has interest please view this site by all means."


   
To whoever keeps posting this comment (perhaps a Japanese bot, and not an actual human), I say this:  "Give it up.  I will not allow your spam to be posted.  Go away!"  According to the translator, in Japanese that would be: "それをあきらめなさい。  私によってはあなたのスパムが掲示されない注意しない。  立ち去りなさい!"  And when I take it one step further, and translate that Japanese back into English again, it comes out as this somehow more charming message:  "Abandon that.  Depending upon me your [supamu] does not note is not posted.  Depart! "

14 comments:

Mizé said...

I have received a few of these comments too. First, I didn´t know if I should accept them or not but once my readers are mainly from other countries I decided to delete them all. I had a feeling they were spam... Thanks for sharing, now I´m sure they were spam.
Regards, Mizé.

WillOaks Studio said...

Although I'm sure this spamming is a drag, those translations gave me the best laugh I've had all day....oh dear, what fractured English!

Daisy said...

I moderate my comments on posts older than 2 days, and for the past few months I have gotten a spam comment in Japanese from the same person on the exact same post. Every. Single. Day. I don't think they ever give up.

Jaya said...

Yes, Daisy, I also am getting them every day, and always on the same post. Hmmmm. Maybe we have the same Japanese speaking spammer, or spambot. It's odd.

Rich Sands said...

次の2つの錠剤を取る必要になるあなたの頭の上には、猫を取り除く。

I do not receive Japanese spam! Is my blog of poor workmanship?

私は日本語スパムを受信しないでください!出来映えの悪い私のブログはありますか?

or

Please do not spam I receive the Japanese! My blog is there poor workmanship?

Marg said...

Well sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Thank heavens that hasn't happened to me yet. But thanks for the info, so now I will know what is going on.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Sorry to read you are getting spammed in Japanese no less. I too get these weird Japanese messages from time to time but I've never translated them. Thanks for the laugh!

Cheers :-)
Joanne
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Jen said...

Haven't had the blog spam yet, BUT I am vastly relieved to have all of my financial worries completely resolved. According to my email inbox - who never lies - I have not only won the lottery 23 separate times, but I have also had the same obscure relative kick the bucket on 3 different continents and subsequently leave me a ginormous pile of cash.
Aren't I the lucky one???
:)

Nyanko said...

I'm very sorry to hear that.
I'm a Japanese, but I haven't got those spam comments, maybe because my blog is not so famous!
English-Japanese translation by software is very odd...we sometimes play with it.I put some Japanese sentences into translation software, and then put the English sentences translated into software again, and enjoy funny sentences! ;-)

Laane said...

Yes. The same here. Japanese on my blogspot blog and russian on my wordpress blog. They're persistent, because they come back to login and type the anti-spam word. Yesterday I deleted 77 spam comments. Such fun. :(

You're creative. I didn't even think of giving a response. LOL!

Haley H said...

I hear you. I've had a Blogger blog for 4 years and had only three spam comments ever. Then, suddenly last month, I started getting one every day (not in Japanese, but clearly where English is not the first language). The spammer would pick on one old post, and when I'd get fed up and turn off comments for that post, they'd find a new post to pick on. I've had to turn on word verification, and moderation on old posts. It's too early yet to know if it's working.

The Hawg! said...

Tired of those, too. I haven't turned on comment moderation on my personal blog yet, but I have on the one I run at the office because we were getting tons of those things.

Dianna said...

I'm getting Japanese spam on the same post every single day too. (I found you in a search about it). I moderate too so it never shows up but I'm so tired of rejecting and deleting every day! I wish there was a way to stop it.

Anonymous said...

Great site! Keep up the good entries.