Saturday, June 6, 2009

Creepy Bug

This creature was crawling around at work this morning. I don't know what he is, but I'm hoping he stays away from my feet!


UPDATE: It appears, after doing some research online, that this is a 'camel spider'. They have a very bad reputation for being really dangerous, but much of what is said about them is not correct. They can give a painful bite, but they are not venomous. This particular one was aggressive when I tried to shoo it away. Instead of retreating, as most bugs would, it turned towards me and raised its large front legs (or whatever those are) in a threatening manner. I got the message and backed away. After that, though, it seemed content enough to be photographed.

4 comments:

Montana said...

Creepy little bugger, didn't you stomp on it?

Mason said...

I have a thing for photographing bugs too. Living in the country, I get plenty of opportunities. And, I am not crazy about spiders either.

Kate said...

I have this irrational fear of bugs, but that one's actually cute :)

Katie said...

Ah, btw, did you find out what it was, exactly? Thinking of getting one, that's how cute it is :D