Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Blankie Bliss

Last night at work there was a dirty, and oddly smelly, blanket on the couch. I asked who it belonged to and was told it had been abandoned by a former resident, and then used to sit on outside in the dirt and straw. I picked it up and discovered that it was amazingly SOFT. I realized my cats would love it, so I wound up taking it home. I washed it, twice, and dried it till it was all warm and fluffy. Then I folded it up and put it on top of the dog bed on the floor. The cats had long ago taken over this bed, and within a few seconds of the blankie going down, Gamma, the matriarch of the cats, had settled down onto it. I could almost hear a great 'Ahhhhhhhhh' of satisfaction as she sank down into the softness. Then Rexie came to check it out. He stepped onto it, flopped down next to Gamma, and immediately became enraptured and sprawled out in total relaxation. Yes, the new blankie is a big hit!

The photos tell the story:



1 comments:

Marjie said...

hah....reading your blog reminds me of the smell in my appartment right now! we found a dog two nights ago and we decided to keep her until someone claims her. she was claimed last night, but she left something in my appartment....her scent!